On the second anniversary of demonetisation, Senior Congress leader Ashok Chavan called demonetisation a huge mistake of Modi government and said that it resulted in the slowdown of the economy, which give rise to unemployment. The Congress has also demanded India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi to apologise to the country on the occasion of the second anniversary of demonetization. Mamata Banerjee tweeted, “#darkday Today is the second anniversary of demonetisation disaster. From the moment it was announced I said so. Renowned economists, common people and all experts now all agree The government cheated our nation with this big DeMonetisation scam. It ruined the economy and the lives of millions. People will punish those who did this.”
It is known news that Prime Minister Narendra Modi made the demonetisation announcement during a televised speech delivered at 8:15 pm on 8th November 2016, scrapping Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes with immediate effect. After the disaster that was demonetisation, we have a few questions for our elusive PM.
- Other than the BJP – who’s income increased by 80% – Who are the real beneficiaries of Demonetisation? #JawabDoModi
- The entire exercise of demonetisation was conducted in the name of black money. With 99.3% demonetised notes back with RBI, where is the black money? #JawabDoModi
- What do you say to the millions of families that lost their lifelong savings due to your reckless & irresponsible decision? #JawabDoModi
- While the Indian economy is still struggling to revive from the devastation you caused during Demonetisation, why do you insist on diluting the autonomy of the RBI? #JawabDoModi
- From curbing corruption to fighting terrorism, from increasing the tax base to creating a cashless economy, we’ve heard it all & we’ve seen it fail. What exactly was the purpose of Demonetisation? #JawabDoModi
- Over 100 people lost their lives, the GDP fell by 1.5%, close to 3.5 million people lost their jobs & the unorganised sector was devastated. PM @narendramodi, when will you have the courage to apologise to the people of India? #JawabDoModi