Minor girl allegedly raped in Guntur, agitated locals pelted stone at police officials

Minor girl allegedly raped in Guntur, agitated locals pelted stone at police officials

Minor girl was allegedly raped in Andhra Pradesh’s Guntur city on  Tuesday. Following the incident, agitated locals took on the streets to protest and  launched an attack at a police station.  Some of them also pelted stones on police officials. Police personnel also got injured in the violent protest.

The ten-year-old girl was allegedly raped on Tuesday,  the police said. As soon as the news spread, hundreds of people from the locality started to protest and gathered at the police station. The angry people pelted stones. The locals demanded  to take  immediate action against the alleged perpetrators of the crime.

According to the latest report, no arrest has been made and efforts are on to arrest the accused. . Further details are awaited.

Rape is the fourth most common crime against women in India. In the majority of rape cases where the survivor is a minor, the accused are close relatives, friends or neighbours. If women and children are not safe at home, then where will they be safe in our society.

The parents should teach their children to say ‘no’. They should make the kids aware of what is good and what is bad touch. If the child learns these things, if any known person or others approach them in future, the child’s ‘no’ might make the offender think twice about committing the act.

Recently  another minor girl (7 years old) was raped by her uncle in Mothadaka village of Chundur mandal in Guntur district. The incident came to light when the mother of the girl lodged a complaint with police and the victim was admitted to Government General Hospital in Tenali.  The sources say, when the girl’s mother went to fields for work and father went out on an errand, the accused took advantage of the situation and sexually violated the girl. Later the  mother of the girl with help of Anganwadi workers lodged a complaint with police and they took the accused into custody.