2022 has been one hell of a rollercoaster ride for the films at the Box Office with underrated flicks like Karthikeya 2 is doing wonders at the Box Office and massive budget movies like Radhe Shyam turns a disaster. Here are the top 5 disaster movies in India in 2022.
1. Radhe Shyam: 2022 Period romantic drama written and directed by Radha Krishna Kumar of Jil fame starring Prabhas and Pooja Hegde in the lead roles. It is all about the story of Vikramaditya, a palmist who is conflicted between destiny and his love for Prerana. It was made on massive budget of Rs 300 crores but could only mint over half of the budget at the Indian box-office.
2. Shamshera: It is a period action film directed by Karan Malhotra and produced by Aditya Chopra under his Yash Raj films banner. The movie starring Ranbir Kapoor in the dual role for the first time. Sanjay Dutt, Vaani Kapoor, and Ronit Roy are also the part of Shamshera which ended up as a huge disaster at the box office.
3. Samrat Prithivaj: Akshay Kumar starrer Samrat Prithivaj was one of the most anticipated movies since its announcement but it lacked the spark to grab audiences attention.
4. Laal Singh Chaddha: Laal Singh Chaddha starring Aamir Khan, Kareena Kapoor and Naga Chaitanya dubbed and released in Telugu and Tamil as a Pan-India film despite having such huge stars, the big budget film failed to impress the masses.
5. Liger: Vijay Deverakonda and Ananya Panday starrer sport based drama Liger with a budget of Rs 150 Cr, is turning out a disaster at the box office.