Agnyaathavaasi , Kavacham, Amar Akbar Anthony, Savyasachi, Nela Ticket, Naa Peru Surya are some of Telugu movies that incurred huge losses to distributors. 2018 is a notable year for the Telugu film industry for several reasons. Firstly, Tollywood has produced more number of movies this year, when compared to previous years. Secondly, it has broken free from the regular commercial movies and tried out several new genres. Thirdly, it has delivered more number of hits and the losses meted out by distributors is also lesser than previous years.
1.Agnyaathavaasi : The year 2018 was started with Power Star Pawan Kalyan’s Agnyaathavaasi, which was one of the biggest disaster of this year. This film is directed by Trivikram Sinivas. The movie collected only Rs 90 Cr gross in it’s full run.
2. Kavacham: Bellamkonda Sai Srinivas who did not taste success in his filmy career, once again delivered a commercially flop movie Kavcham this year. Kajal Aggarwal played the female lead in this action entertainer, which is directed by Sreenivas Mamilla. The movie was unnoticed and turned out a disaster.
3. Amar Akbar Anthony: Ileana D Cruz made her comeback in Tollywood after a long gap with this action entertainer Amar Akbar Anthony in which Mass Maharaja Ravi Teja played the lead role. The movie went as a crap without much attention.
4. Savyasachi: Akkineni Naga Chaitanya and Niddhi Agerwal starrer Savyasachi received negative reviews from critics and became a Disaster at box office.
5. NOTA: Vijay Deverakonda made his Tamil debut with political drama NOTA but the film was a flop at box office.
6. Nela Ticket: Ravi Teja, Malvika Sharma, Jagapathi Babu starrer Nela Ticket, directed by Kalyan Krishna Kurasala, received negative reviews from critics and became a Disaster at box office.
7. Naa Peru Surya Naa Illu India: Stylish Star Allu Arjun and Anu Emmanuel starrer Naa Peru Surya Naa Illu India directed by Vakkantham Vamsi didn’t impress audience. Due to poor reviews and opening the movie bombed at box office.