You have heard about fish oil. How is it made? Our body needs many nutrients for health. The most important of them are omega 3 fatty acids. Due to these the cells in our body are healthy. They do their job well. This prevents us from many diseases like heart problems, blood clots, breast cancer and Alzheimer’s. If the cells work properly, every system in our body works properly. Hence they are very important for our health.
Omega 3 fatty acids are especially rich in the fats found in fish. And some are obtained from plants. But studies have shown that fatty acids from fish have more health benefits than fatty acids from plants. That is why the World Health Organization says to eat fish at least twice a week. But some people do not like eating fish at all. Such people should definitely use fish oil or supplements.
How is fish oil made?
Fish oil is mostly collected from oily fish tissues and livers. Marine fish like herring, tuna, cod, anchovies, mackerel are high in fats. These fats are separated and processed. Then fish oil is made. These are filled into small capsules to make fish oil supplements. It is better to use these in appropriate dosage for your body with the advice of doctors.
What is in fish oil?
Up to 30 percent of fish oil contains these omega 3 fatty acids. The remaining 70 percent contains other fats, vitamin A and vitamin D.