Beetroots are high in fiber and promote the growth of good bacteria in your gut. Having plenty of healthy bacteria in the digestive system helps fight disease and boost your immune system.
Beetroot is generally considered to be very beneficial for health. It is rich in nutrients like vitamin-B, vitamin-C, phosphorus, calcium, protein, fiber and antioxidants. But this is like saying that everything has its good and bad sides.
Beetroots have high nitrate content and it might cause nitrate poisoning in infants if given directly. They should be avoided in infants aged 3 months or below. Before using beetroot for any health effects, talk to your physician about any precautions you might need to take.
Over- consumption of beetroot can lead to some health problems. Risks of overconsumption include the increased risk of kidney stones. Therefore, eating beetroot has benefits as well as disadvantages. Let’s see the side effect and reaction of it:
Beetroot Side Effects and Reactions
· Hypotensive Effects (Lowers Blood Pressure)
· Beeturia – Pink-Colored Waste.
· Mild Allergic Reactions.
· Oxalates May Impede Calcium Absorption.
· Upset Stomach from Beetroot Side Effects.
· Fatigue or Dizziness During Pregnancy.
· People with kidney stone problems should avoid beets. The oxalates it contains can increase the problem of kidney stone
Let’s see which diseases people should stay away from beetroot
· Diabetic patients
· People who have Low blood pressure
· People having kidney stone