Anushka Shetty starrer Bhaagamathie has created record! It has beaten Ram Charan starrer Rangasthalam as Bhaagamathie has topped in the list of pirated Telugu films in 2018 whereas Rangasthalam has occupied second place.
Germany-based company Texcipico has been monitoring several pirated websites through which movies are being downloaded and shared for about six years. Baahubali fame Anushka Shetty starrer woman centric movie Bhaagamathie topped the list with over 1.9 million downloads.
Bhaagamathie, the thriller drama directed by G Ashok, and produced by Vamsi and Pramod under the banner UV Creations in which Anushka Shetty played IAS officer Chanchala. Apart from Anushka Shetty, the film has others tars like Unni Mukundan, Aadhi Pinisetty and Jayaram in supporting roles. The film has the music is by SS Thaman.
Following Bhaagamathie, Mega Power Star Ram Charan and Samantha Akkineni starrer Rangasthalam, the village based drama, helmed by Sukumar, stands at the second position with 1.6 Million P2P (peer to peer) downloads and shares.
Ram Charan played the role of hearing-impaired Chitti Babu. The period film Rangasthalam has other stars like Adhi Pinnisetty as Chitti Babu’s brother, Anasuya Bharadwaj, Jagapathi Babu, Prakash Raj and Gauthami in important role.
Here’s the list of films pirated this year: The numbers refer to P2P file shares:
1) Bhaagamathie (Anushka Shetty): 1,921,160
2) Rangasthalam (Ram Charan & Samantha Akkineni) : 1.6 Million
3) Bharat Ane Nenu ( Mahesh BAbu & Kiara Advani): 1,613,404
4) Mahanati (Keerthy Suresh & Dulquer Salmaan): 1,499,064
5) Naa Peru Surya, Naa Illu India (Allu Arjun & Anu Emmanuel): 1,260,708
6) Tholi Prema (Varun Tej & Raashi Khanna): 1,007,922
7) Chalo (Naga Shaurya & Rashmika Mandanna): 842,475
8) Agnyaathavaasi -Prince in Exile (Pawan Kalyan & Keerthy Suresh): 828,684
9) Jai Simha (Balakrishna & Nayantara): 810,964
10) Touch Chesi Chudu (Ravi Teja & Raashi Khanna): 767,875
Currently Anushka Shetty does not have any movie in her kitty. It is heard that her parents are visiting various temples across India, performing rituals for their daughter.
Meanwhile Ram Charan, who is enjoying the success of Rangasthalam, is busy in his upcoming movie, which is progressing at brisk pace in the direction of Boyapati Srinu. After wrapping up the shoot of this film, Ram Charan will join the sets of Baahubali filmmaker SS Rajamouli’s #RRR.