Many people are suffering from uric acid related problems. When the level of uric acid in our blood starts to rise to a very high level, the discomfort associated with it also increases. This can cause pain and swelling in the feet, joints and toes.
What is uric acid?
Uric acid is a waste product found in the blood. This acid is produced when the body breaks down compounds called purines. Most of it is excreted in the urine. But foods and drinks high in purines increase uric acid levels.
What should be the normal level of uric acid?
Uric acid levels differ between men and women. Uric acid levels should be between 3.4 mg and 7.0 mg in men. In women, it ranges from 2.4 mg to 6.0 mg. If the level of uric acid in the body is high, you can take several steps to control it.
How to reduce uric acid?
1. Do not allow weight gain: Remember that there is a correlation between your weight gain and uric acid. So if you don’t want the problem to get complicated just control the weight.
2. Do not have vitamin C deficiency: Foods rich in vitamin C should be consumed to prevent uric acid levels in the blood.
3. Avoid sweets: If you eat a lot of sweets, sugary foods, or sugary drinks, your uric acid levels will increase even more.
4. Eat low-purine foods: Avoid high purine foods in your daily diet to reduce uric acid problems. Instead, eat low-purine foods such as dairy products, legumes, fruits, vegetables, potatoes, and rice.
5. Give up alcohol: Alcohol is always harmful to health. It affects many parts of the body. But very few people know that it increases uric acid levels.