Forgetfulness is human nature. This is somewhat unproblematic. However, forgetting things quickly can become a serious problem when you cross a stage.
Forgetfulness is a disease. Apart from that it has many types. One of them is short-term memory loss. Short-term memory loss is when a person forgets an event or place as soon as they hear something, ie within a few minutes. This is a normal condition. When the condition becomes severe, they become a problem that requires treatment, so it is imperative to find out the causes of the condition and its remedy. According to health experts, it is a type of mental health problem.
Here are some simple and effective ways to boost your memory…
1. Mental Exercise: Puzzles, reading, and learning a new language can all help increase and maintain mental activity and agility.
2. A good night’s sleep: The brain processes, stores and consolidates information during sleep, so getting 7-8 hours of restful sleep a day is essential.
3. Enthusiasm and involvement: When we are passionate about something, we devote a large portion of our energy and time to its mastery. This repetitive activity makes our brain more active.
4. Eat a healthy diet: Eat a balanced diet of antioxidant-rich fresh fruits and vegetables, foods rich in omega-3 fats, and whole grains with fiber.
5. Limit alcohol: Apart from harming your physical health, excessive alcohol consumption damages your brain cells and reduces alertness and memory.
6. Practice meditation: Meditation and yoga are good for mental health. They help increase concentration and memory.
7. Avoid stress: Prolonged and chronic stress, whether physical or mental, can be destructive to our memory. So, we can overcome stress by not reacting dramatically and be more organized and disciplined in life.